Website optimization is the process of improving site performance and contributing to generating better revenue for a business. It is done by using certain tools and strategies appropriate for the specific website. Website optimization focuses on two aspects – user experience and growth.
If users are provided with easy navigation through user-friendly design, mobile compatibility, and better access, then the website can be said to impart a better user experience. Growth is basically equivalent to increased SERP rankings with a subsequent larger audience base and improved brand authority.
These two factors, user experience, and growth can be met with some smart strategies which are easy to implement but have long-lasting impacts beneficial for the business. So, let us learn about some super effective and proven ways by which a website can be optimized.
Ways You Can Optimize Your Website:
1. Search engine optimization
The most prominent and cost-effective digital marketing strategy for a website is SEO or search engine optimization. SEO when implemented correctly can put your website on the top list of SERPs or search engine result pages. It will take time to show the results but you can be sure of its long-term benefits.
The three primary factors to focus on during SEO optimization are:
- On-page SEO – It refers to optimizing the content on the website. The content may include texts, images, audio, or videos put on the website pages. Optimizing content includes creating URLs that are SEO-friendly, writing appropriate meta descriptions, title tags, keyword placement with the textual content, and others.
- Off-page SEO – This is more about promoting the page. Strategies such as content marketing, link building, and guest posting come under off-page SEO.
- Technical SEO – Technical aspects of the website such as page loading time, website speed, broken links, errors, and navigation can be optimized to build technical SEO.
2. Website design
The look and feel of any website matter to a large extent while trying to boost the site’s search engine rankings. The design of a website is the first thing that a visitor notices. A proper website design is not only eye-catchy but also must be user-friendly. Optimum navigation through the website plays a pivotal role in making a positive impression.
As the saying goes “first impression is the last”, designing a professional website layout will help in retaining visitors, and thus, adding value to revenue generation.
3. Optimizing for mobile platforms
Nowadays, most traffic comes from mobiles. The number of smartphone users has surpassed the number of other gadget users. Thus, it has created an urgent requirement of optimizing websites for mobiles so as to make them user-friendly. For Google, mobile is a priority due to which they have introduced mobile-first indexing.
Some tips to make your website mobile-friendly are:
- Make the website design a responsive one.
- Use AMP or accelerated mobile pages.
- Try not to keep any heavy content.
- Keep intrusive ads at the minimum.
- Keep it simple by removing unnecessary website elements.
4. Optimizing for voice search
Why type when voice command can do the same thing? For many users, voice search is more approachable than typing the instruction. Voice search is currently a popular trend. Apart from smartphones, the current age users choose voice assistants like Google Assistant, Alexa, and Siri for voice searches.
The things to consider while optimizing for voice searches are:
- Website speed and page loading time.
- There is a probability of using longer sentences in voice searches. Thus, redesign the content accordingly.
- Keep the answers for the searches simple and shorter than 29 words.
- Implement local SEO optimization as most voice searches are local SEO centered.
According to experts, content is one of the most important ranking factors. Good content can attract and retain customers to a website. Starting a blog with relevant and potential content will help in optimizing your website.
The points which will help in constructing an effective blog are:
- Make sure of its relevance.
- Try to address your audience’s requirements.
- Do not stick to a single format instead use as many as you can, like videos, images, infographics, etc.
- Keep the content original and fresh.
- Rebuild the old content.
6. Build authority
To increase site performance, you need a good amount of exposure and for exposure, you need to build authority for your website. Website authority or domain authority (DA) is the ability of a website to rank high on SERP pages. The higher the DA, the better the visibility for your site.
Here are some factors that will influence your brand authority:
- Make guest posts on other websites where they have high DA.
- Share your content on social media platforms.
- Create backlinks of high quality from relevant sources.
- Link internally wherever it calls for.
7. Leverage the power of email marketing
Even though digital communication of today has a lesser interest in emails, email marketing is still standing tall. It is argumentative whether email strategy has a direct impact on a company’s profits, but emails have greater say when it comes to boosting conversion rates.
For instance, email newsletters may help you identify leads for your website. Again, through emails, you can boost your customer engagement by offering promotions, coupons, and discounts.
8. Website personalization
Personalizing your website to enhance customer experience can be a game-changing strategy in boosting traffic and conversion rates. Here personalization means to have a sync between the website design and brand mission.
This can be done by:
- Creating content specifically targeted towards the buyers.
- Creating content specifically targeted to the locations.
- Creating robust images.
9. Using testimonials
Testimonials from happy customers are like the influencing factors that will build trust for your new customers. This can be used to your advantage to boost traffic and enhance conversion rates. The positive reviews from satisfied customers do all the trick to drive in new customers.
New customers are more likely to go through the reviews before they put on their trust in a website. Thus, encouraging your existing customers to submit some testimonials will go a long way in website optimization.
10. Seamless conversion
When your leads are willing to convert, don’t make it hard for them, and make the conversion process as simple as possible. The more complex the process is, the more they are demoralized to go through it.
To make the seamless conversion, you can try these:
- Remove the obstacles in the process.
- Browsing to purchasing must be completed within very few steps.
- Make the checkout process simpler and more effective.
- State clearly any relevant information before checkout.
- Provide self-service features.
- Present your users with multiple channels.
- Host well-designed CTA buttons.
- Invoke FOMO or fear of missing out to create urgency.
There are thousands of websites in the ocean of digital content and ranking high on a search engine result page (SERP) can be quite difficult. For sure, without high SERP rankings your website will have very less exposure and all your effort will be wasted in vain. So, if you want your hard work to be seen by people and receive a return for it, then optimizing your website with the above-mentioned tricks is the smartest and most potent move you will take.
Need professional assistance in optimizing your website and boosting your presence online? Reach out to Dignitas Digital today! We help businesses cultivate a solid digital presence and increase their profitability with strategies that ensure growth.