Those of you are thinking that ChatGPT is the ultimate solution to your website content, think again! Cause Google has a certain set of standards that is going to decide the quality of your content and eventually your website ranking. This set of guidelines is known as Google E-E-A-T. If you want your website to rank well, it is important to create high-quality content that meets Google E-E-A-T standards.
So, in this article, we will try to understand what exactly E-E-A-T is and some simple ways to maintain Google E-E-A-T standards.
What is E-E-A-T?
Search Quality Rating guidelines were published by Google in 2013, followed by adding E-A-T guidelines after precisely a year. In 2022, another E was added to it. This is the standard handbook used by Search Quality Raters to analyze the quality of search results. It is their valuable feedback that helps Google to measure the success of Google search algorithms. If your website can gather high E-E-A-T scores it will rank well on Google SERPs.
Google E-E-A-T is an acronym that stands for experience, expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness. These are the four factors that Google primarily considers when ranking websites in search results. Now, let us understand what these alphabets tell us.
If your website is hosting quality content it may mean that the creator has first-hand experience of the subject. This show how authentic the data in your content is. Real-life experiences and personal opinions based on them count a lot to prove that it is credible content.
Expertise may seem to overlap with experience, but they are different. Expertise is evaluated based on knowledge, qualifications, and credentials essential to provide trustworthy information. Quality Raters determine whether the author has enough subject matter expertise to give some credible information or advice on it.
Your authoritativeness concerns the overall reputation of your organization in your industry. Especially, if you have a credible reputation among industry experts and influencers, Google Quality Raters consider you to have high authoritativeness. They decide the authoritativeness of the content, the creator, and the website. In simple terms, people know about your organization, and the kind of work you do, and consider you as a good source of information.
A very essential part of Google’s E-E-A-T guidelines, trustworthiness is evaluated based on content, creator, and website by the Quality Raters. So, you have to be mindful of the creator who is creating your content, do thorough editing for factual accuracy, show fewer ads for visual clarity of the content, and cite credible sources to maintain trustworthiness.
Tips to Create Google’s E-E-A-T Standard Content
Once you have got a fair idea of what exactly E-E-A-T is, let us move on to understand what actually makes a piece of content E-E-A-T compliant. Here are some tips that can turn your low-lying content into a high-quality one and meet the E-E-A-T standards to rank higher.
1. Showcase your expertise
- Showcase your knowledge of the subject by presenting factual, well-researched facts.
- Use trustworthy sources to back up your statements, and mention them whenever feasible.
- Include author biographies as well as relevant qualifications or skills to create credibility.
2. Establish your authoritativeness
- Establish your authority by highlighting your expertise, accomplishments, and qualifications in the text.
- Include connections to trustworthy sources and industry experts who back up the material.
- When feasible, engage with industry leaders and influencers to obtain their feedback or endorsements.
3. Display the trustworthiness of your content
- Check for factual mistakes, misleading information, and overstated claims in your material.
- To develop trust, choose a professional and well-designed website layout.
4. Raise content quality
- Produce unique, creative, and helpful material that answers the user’s question or solves their problem.
- Use simple, easy-to-understand language that is free of jargon.
- Use headings, subheadings, bullet points, and adequate spacing to make your material more readable.
5. User experience
- Optimize your website for quick loading times, mobile responsiveness, and user-friendliness.
- Ensure that all users, including those with impairments, can access your material.
- Encourage user participation by including comments, social sharing links, and interactive components.
6. Gather positive comments and feedback
- Encourage satisfied customers to post reviews or testimonials emphasizing the value and dependability of your information.
- React quickly and professionally to user comments, resolving any concerns or inquiries.
On a final note, we must remember that Google’s E-E-A-T standards are not a factor that directly impacts the Google ranking of any content. It rather is a set of rules that analyzes content quality to put it in its deserved search engine ranking. By following these recommendations, you will be able to increase your chances of producing high-quality content that meets Google’s E-E-A-T requirements and adds value to your audience.
Need help with SEO from professionals? Dignitas Digital is a Philadelphia-based SEO company that has helped clients scale up their business and increased their ROI through successful data-driven marketing campaigns. If you want to do optimization that encompasses all search engines, hiring SEO professionals will prove to be your best shot.
Get in touch with us to get the ball rolling!