When we entered the world of digital marketing, First Guru Mantra told everyone “Content is King”. The most important form of content read by humans is blogs. Today we will discuss the points to consider when writing a blog.
1. The Audience of the Blog
You are reading this because you want some quick tips on how to write a blog. While writing this blog I have to you in mind. So, I have to answer some questions to understand the audience.
The questions can be:
- Who are the readers?
- What are they looking for?
- What is their level of understanding of the topic?
This type of question will help to create the persona of who is reading your blog. After this, you will be able to understand the reader’s needs and can deliver what he is looking for.
2. The Headline of the Blog
The first impression is the last impression. So, if your headline is dull, it distracts the user to continue reading. A compelling headline will make the reader read more.
Some basic tips that can help make a compelling headline are:
- Use of numbers – 5 Tips to Write an Amazing Blog
- Use of year or month – The Best SEO Tip for 2019
- Create curiosity – 10 Tips to Increase Your Reach- 7th Tip Can Double Your Reach in a Month
- Ask a question – What are you doing wrong with SEO?
These kinds of headings can boost the interest of the reader. Also, it will help to increase the CTR(Click-through Rate).
3. Content of Blog
The following are points you can consider while writing content:
- Structured Content – Your content should have a structured format with three components.
Structured content is a must to give the right message.
- Story – A good story can increase engagement.
- Facts – Facts and figures make your content more interesting.
- Conversation – You can use conversational writing to increase engagement with your audience.
- Use of bullet points if it is an informational blog.
4. Tone of Blog
The tone of the blog is the most important part of writing content. Try to avoid negative words in the blog.
For example, instead of using “Don’t forget to use keywords in the title tag,” you can write “Remember to add Keywords in the title tag”
By using a positive tone, you invite people into your idea. This helps to build a healthy and long-lasting relationship with your audience.
5. Media and Visual Aid
Nobody wants to read a long and boring text. Also, we know that visuals create more impact on the readers than text. The use of media will make your blog more interesting. You can use the following media items:
The most important tip when writing a blog is to write on the topic you truly feel passionate about. It will help you to write the content for the exact needs, of the right audience.